Assignment 10: Support (due Week 20)
This assignment is a personal reflection. You will be asked to think about the relationships you have in your life and who you rely on to help you when times get tough. Everyone needs people in their life they can count on to be supports in difficult times. These answers will be different for every person because each person has their own friends, family and community that surrounds them.
The most important piece of information that you can take away from this assignment is: You are not alone. It may feel that way sometimes, but there is always somewhere you can go and someone you can go to in your life that can help you when you need it. If you don't have family or friends who support you, there are always teen support groups, or online web forums, or even phone support lines you can call to ask for advice. You should never have to feel like it's you versus "The World."
Copy the questions below and paste them into the Assignment Submission box. Answer them completely and honestly. If you would like to use Google docs, just copy and paste your document link (don't forget to make sure you have shared the document so that I have permission to open the document).
It is important to be honest with yourself as you complete the questions in this assignment. For this reflection to be useful to you, do some thinking about these questions and write what you truly feel. If this assignment makes you feel uncomfortable or you feel like you need help now, please contact your teacher or school guidance counselor for assistance.
1. What are some things that could cause stress in your life?
2. List some people that you know you can help you out when your life gets stressful. These are the people you depend on and you know you can go to anytime.
3. Name everyone else you can think of who could be sources of support. These are people who you could talk to, but they wouldn't be your first pick.
4. Write a paragraph describing a time you were under personal stress. Who did you go to for support? What did they do to support you? Did it help?
5. Can your friends and family depend on you if they need support? What are some things that you can do to support the important people in your life?