Exercise 4.4: Ecological Footprint
Complete the Footprint Calculator to find out your ecological footprint. Then answer the following questions.
1. What is your ecological footprint (in hectares)? Is this above or below the Canadian average?
2. How much productive land is needed for you to maintain your lifestyle?
3. Hover your mouse over the pie chart. What percentages were given to you for the following sections:
a) Food --->
b) Shelter --->
c) Mobility --->
d) Goods --->
e) Services --->
4. Why do you think some areas took more percentage than others?
5. What suggestions were given to you to reduce your footprint? Would you consider taking any of these suggestions?