Exercise 1.2: Celery Lab
Follow the instructions in the lesson to complete your celery lab.
After a few hours, record your observations and answer these questions.
1. What do you observe in the leaf?
2. When you cut a cross-section of the stem what do you observe?
3. Explain what happened in the celery using the terms transpiration and capillary action.
4. What is the difference between diffusion and osmosis?
5. Where does osmosis occur in a plant?
6. Name two places in the lab where diffusion occurred.