Exercise 4.2: Make It Better
This is an antique pair of scissors. Beside it is a modern pair of scissors. Notice the design elements that have been added to make the scissors easier to use and more efficient.
1. Select a personal or home product that you think you could make better and safer. Name the product below.
2. Make a detailed drawing of the product on paper or with a digital drawing program. On the drawing, using arrows and comments, point out the problems with the product. There should be at least three things wrong with the product.
3. Label this picture 'Before Improvements'.
4. Now make a second drawing that shows your improvements. Beside each improvement explain why what you did would make the product safer or better.
5. Label this picture 'After Improvements Have Been Added'.