Exercise 1.3A: Glaciers
Watch this video about glaciers and answer the following questions.
1. Why do glaciers move faster in the middle than on the edges?
2. What are alpine glaciers? What are continental glaciers?
3. Define the following terms:
a) cirque –
b) striation –
c) moraine –
d) erratic –
4. How can we tell the direction that a glacier travelled, even if the glacier melted thousands of years ago?
5. When did the last ice age happen?
6. What Canadian lake formation was made during the last ice age?