Assignment: Tell me About Your Learning Background
Copy and paste the questions in the submission box below and then add your answers.
Tell me a bit about YOU and how you learn.
What is the best way and time for me to contact you? Be specific.
TEXT: Please provide your cell phone number:
EMAIL: Please provide the email address that you check regularly:
OTHER: Please provide any other information on how/when to contact you:
(Is there anything else you would like me to know about how you learn or your circumstances? Job?Full-time job? Part time job? Perhaps you are a parent or mature student?)
1. Are you taking this course for the first time? If not, how many times have you taken it before?
2. Is this your first time taking an online course? What technology are you using to do this online course ( laptop? ipad?)
What do you prefer more, paper work ( ie. paper booklets and assignments and reading material on paper) or online work?
( If you STRONGLY prefer paper only, and you live in Red Deer, you may be eligible to enroll in St. John Paul II Outreach instead. This option is available only to local Red Deer students. It would require you meeting with your teacher on a regular basis to bring in and discuss paper module work.)
3. Rate yourself as an independent/ self-directed learner on a scale of 1- 5. “5” is highly independent. . “1” you need a lot of help. Be honest : )
4. Do you prefer to come in to see me face to face for a help session or do you prefer video conference? (Students who are not local will access me through video.
5. What are your academic goals for this course?
6. What do you read? Do you consider yourself a "reader"? Does reading come easy to you?
7. Is there anything else you would like me to know about how you learn or your circumstances? Job? Full-time job? Part time job? Perhaps you are a parent or mature student?
8. Are you attending another school? If so, which school?
9. Have you ever had accommodations in the past?
This means have you ever had an educational test/assessment done to determine if you have a learning/ or physical disability that interferes with your learning? Have you been given any "supports" to write tests? Reader? Someone to write for you? a computer or device to assist you? If yes, please be specific.
10. Are you an ESL student? (English as a Second Language?) Have you been coded as an ESL student in the past?
11. Do you have time during the day ( 9:00 a.m.- 4:00 pm) to meet with me in case you need help?