Author Profile Assignment(T4)
Select a First Nation’s, Metis or Inuit author from Canada that you would like to learn more about. Choose any of the authors mentioned earlier or consider one of the following:
Using the internet and your school library, find biographical information about the author.
Read a minimum of two works or story excerpts by the writer. The more you read, the better your project will be.
Create a profile of your author and include the answers to the following questions:
- What biographical information did you find about the author?
- How has the author been influenced by his or her life experiences or those of family or community members?
- What literary techniques and symbols does the author use?
- How is the human experience portrayed in the author’s writing?
- How is a specifically aboriginal experience portrayed in the author’s work?
- What beliefs and values are evident in the author’s work?
- What purpose or message does the author’s work have?
- In your opinion, what is the contribution of the author to aboriginal writing and Canadian writing?
Your profile can be presented in any form of your choice.