El Nino and La Nina
Assignment -El Nino/La Nina
Presentation (Complete both sections of this presentation)
1. El Nino/La Nina Presentation (this to be a power point presentation - 3 to 4 slides)
Your task is to imagine that you are asked to present to a group of junior high students, explaining the weather phenomena of El Nino/La Nina.
- Your power point presentation should be thoroughly researched, but will be written on a level in which your Junior High audience can understand.
- Define the what, where, who, when and why.
- Your presentation should be approximately 3-4 slides with graphics and text that you could use to help guide you through.
- Slides 1-3 should contain relevant images, informative captions and your sources.
- Slide 4 should contain your written speech. (written version of speech only, it does NOT have to be recorded)
First, watch the short introductory video on El Nino/La Nina below.
Then research El Nino/La Nina
(use only articles about the Western World).
2. Written speech (to be included on the final slide - you do NOT need to record your speech, just submit a written version)
- After completing your power point, write a speech that would coincide with your presentation.
- Your speech should ....
- include an introduction, body and closing.
- expand on the information presented in your power point.
- discuss specific El Nino and La Nina's details and address what, when, why, where and how questions.
- In summary - your presentation should serve as a good visual of your topic, and should include point form captions.
- Your speech should serve as a more detailed explanation of what is presented on your power point.
- Do not to plagiarize (copy) any information from your sources. If you use direct quotes, you must indicate so by using quotation marks.
- Credit all sources in a properly formatted bibliography included within the finished presentation. (see Course Introduction for format)