The Course Sharing Hub is a place for Moodle users to share their Moodle courses. This hub has been made by members of the Alberta Moodle Summit gorup and we hope it provides an area for members to share and exchange their courses for the benefit of all.
Currently, the Course Sharing Hub is designed for Moodle 2.7 or earlier courses. To share one of your courses here you need to register this site as a hub with your own Moodle.
Here are instructions on how to upload courses into this hub.
Here are some things to be aware of when using this Hub:
- Moodle users do things in different ways. Some people store their quiz questions at the course level, some at the category level and some at the system level. When you add a course to your Moodle from the Hub, questions may be somewhere you may not be used to. Please be aware of that.
- If it is your first time downloading a course, we recommend adding it first to a test course just to make sure the process goes smoothly.
To upload a Moodle course into this Hub, you need to register your site for uploading with the AB course sharing hub:
- Make an account on the Hub
- Go to your home site's "site administration" settings and click on:
Site administration > Server > Hubs
- Enter the Hub URL ( http://hub.rockyview.ab.ca ) in the private hub URL field. Enter a password in the password field.
- Enter/add any details in the site registration from about your site. Set the email of your Hub user account as the admin contact email for your site. This ensures points are allocated to you correctly.
- Contact Dirk Meyer at firstname.lastname@example.org so that he may 'trust' your moodle and allow for submissions.
Then you need to prepare your course for distribution
- Set meaningful titles, remove unnecessary blocks and local information.
- The Hub is running the latest Moodle 2.7 version. We recommend that the courses you submit are also Moodle 2.7, though the hub will accept older Moodle 2.x courses.
Then after you have chosen a course to upload, go into that course:
- From the course administration menu, choose "Publish."
- Click the "Share this course for people to download" link
- Select Hub as the hub.
- Enter details about your course.
- Follow the screens to backup and upload your course. The default settings should be fine.
- It will take about 10-15 minutes for your course to become live. Drink some coffee...
- Once your course is live on the Hub, you will be able to enter it and see how it looks. The system should recognize you as the course owner and you will be able to edit meta data about the course. You can even edit the course itself, though these changes won't be reflected in the backup file people download.
Course sharers will receive this cool open badge that you can display anywhere and demonstrate progressive thinking and practice.